Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:47:22 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Robin High <robinh@UOREGON.EDU>
Subject:   Re: logistic regression output, est. & SE: JMP (made by SAS) vs. Stata
Comments:   To: Susan Lingle <susan.lingle@ULETH.CA>

Susan,

I don't have JMP or Stata, though the symptoms you describe indicate that Stata applies effect coding (-1,1) to class variables and JMP applies GLM coding (0,1). Check the documentation to see which type of coding is used in each.

Robin High University of Oregon

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Susan Lingle Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:22 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: logistic regression output, est. & SE: JMP (made by SAS) vs. Stata

This question does not involve SAS, but it involves JMP, which is made by SAS and many SAS people are familiar with JMP (well, I hope so :)). Does anyone know why I am obtaining parameter estimates and SE for a logistic regression that are exactly twice as high in Stata than in JMP? Values for the overall models (LR and p-values) are identical. I haven't found any details to shed light on how these are calculated in the two programs.

Susan