Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Dec 2007 20:06:22 -1000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bob Schacht <schacht@hawaii.edu>
Subject:      Re: Value Label problem
Comments: To: ViAnn Beadle <vab88011@gmail.com>

At 04:57 PM 12/5/2007, ViAnn Beadle wrote: >So what is the prior command to this. Is it a VALUE LABELS command and is it >terminated with a period?

Good thought, but in this case, I ran the command isolated-- there was no prior command. That is, I highlighted those lines of my syntax file, and from the menu chose "Run/selection".

However, I did notice that as SPSS was running the command, the highlighted portion of the file briefly expanded to include the previous 10 lines or so, and then shrunk back to the originally highlighted lines. Does that mean that even though those lines were not selected by me, they were run anyway? I'll look tomorrow when I'm back at work and can see the file again.

Thanks, Bob