Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:12:29 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andre Wielki <wielki@INED.FR>
Subject:      Re: STATA data to SAS
Comments: To: Ching <KCWong5@GMAIL.COM>

Ching a écrit : > Hi all. > I've heard that i can export STATA dataset into SAS through STAT/ > Transfer. > But what is that actually? Is it a command or I can access through the > dropdown option list? But I can't find it. > Please help. > > Thanks heaps. > >

To complete the other answer, i will add

1)depending of the level of version of Stata that create the stata.dta file

you have the possibility to use the last dbmscopy (v8) until version 8 of Stata but the last version of Stattransfer v9 until the last version 10 of Stata

from Stata10 you may create only a v9 or a v10 version of a .dta file

2)and in sasv9.1.3 the proc import or proc export (supposing you have sas access to Pc module) are working only with Stata v9 .dta file.

Be carefull if you download the Stattransfer demo this version will skip every 18th record (if my memory is right) so you don't have a complete output version

3)Another way is to produce from Stata a sas xport file.

HTH Andre

-- André WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 mél : wielki@ined.fr tél : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54