Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:43:58 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andre Wielki <wielki@INED.FR>
Subject:      Re: format of the variables
Comments: To: meesum kazmi <meesumkazmi@GMAIL.COM>

meesum kazmi a écrit : > Hi all, > > I am trying to create a dataset that can give me the list of variables along > with its format . I have tried using the dictionary.columns and proc > contents but some how both these things are not giving me the correct > result. Is there any other way that we can use to get this?? > > > Regards > Meesum > > The two ways are giving you the format of the variable IF exist! otherwise a numeric value saved inside 8 bytes may contents a very long (decimal) number and the format of a character variable can be deducted from the length column.

Show us an extract of your results that are not correct please.

Andre

-- André WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 mél : wielki@ined.fr tél : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54