Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:11:50 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         sasstudent@GMAIL.COM
Subject:      Re: on format of a file with a large number of variables
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Dear Ya,

Thank you for your respons. Then what is the procedure which will create a ascii file from a sas data file of a large size (>200MB) so that these variables are in a single row?

Best regarsd,

On 12 $B7n (B15 $BF| (B, $B8aA0 (B5:47, ya.hu...@AMYLIN.COM (Ya Huang) wrote: > Depends on what do you mean by 'output'. If you mean to have > a printout, then you may have run out of luck, since there > won't been a paper wider enough to hold all those columns. > > On the other hand, if you mean to create a ascii file from a > dataset, I found the easiest way to to open up the dataset > with SAS viewer, then choose "save as file" from the file menu, > then choose tab delimited. No programming is needed. > > On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:30:50 -0800, sasstud...@GMAIL.COM wrote: > >Hello, > > >I have a dataset with a large number of variables and I would like to > >output the file so that all the variables will be in the same row: > > >var1 var2 .... var100 var101 ... > > >rather than > > >var1 var2 .. var29 > > >var30......var59 > > >what options of proc print or what procedures will help me do this? > > >Best regards,