Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:51:18 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Performing thousands of tests automatically
Comments: To: Ron Do <rondo@HOTMAIL.COM>

Ron,

What is the disease that you are looking at?

You may want to take a look at the paper that ran over 100,000 SNP's for some discussion of significance levels. It is

Complement Factor H Polymorphism in Age-Related Macular Degeneration, by Robert J. Klein, Caroline Zeiss, Emily Chew. www.sciencemag.org, SCIENCE VOL 308 15 April 2005 page 385-389.

However, that particular study only found significance on CFH and missed a later found significance on LOC387715, perhaps because the significance level was set so low. Mary Howard

Research Assistant III

Dept. of Ophthalmology

Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics

----- Original Message ----- From: Ron Do To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 3:40 PM Subject: Re: Performing thousands of tests automatically

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will try some of the suggestions and see how they work.

Mary is right, this is for a genome-wide association study using over 100,000 markers. There are some genetics programs that can handle this data, but I'm interested in applying a mixed effects model to analyse this data and hence am curious if SAS is capable of doing this.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Cheers, Ron