Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Dec 2007 05:37:37 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "raghur6@gmail.com" <raghur6@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS to Sql server conection
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Dec 18, 12:10 pm, HERMA...@WESTAT.COM (Sigurd Hermansen) wrote: > Raghu: > Here's a template for a SAS/Access OLEdb connection string for a bulk > load: > LIBNAME demB oledb provider=sqloledb properties=("data source"=source > "Database"="db" "User ID"=Admin "Password"='PassWord' "initial > catalog"="catalog") schema=dbo BCP=YES > BCP_ERRORFILE="BCP_ErrorFile.Txt"; > > The bulk load connection does not check each insert individually; > instead, it writes an error message to the BCP_ERRORFILE destination > when it encounters one. The SAS PROC APPEND likely works faster than > other methods when doing a straight append operation. > > You probably have update rights to any table that you have created. The > PROC SQL UPDATE can update SQL SERVER tables, provided that you have > update access rights, but check out what I've written in earlier posts > (SAS-L Archives) about the role of an existential quantifier in > UPDATE's. Other "action queries" that change metadata or operate on base > relations usually have to appear within an EXECUTE() statement. > S > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sa...@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sa...@listserv.uga.edu] > On Behalf Of ragh...@gmail.com > Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:38 AM > To: sa...@uga.edu > Subject: Re: SAS to Sql server conection > > Hi Sigurd, > > i have copied already existing table in Sql Server and created table > with different name using proc sql > > but i was unable to use alter nor update command on that, delete was > working fine... so i want to use db load and give it a try... > > I also have to use bulk load program could you please give me an example > how to use it > > Thanks, > Raghu > > On Dec 17, 11:50 pm, HERMA...@WESTAT.COM (Sigurd Hermansen) wrote: > > Raghu: > > I'd guess that you are saying that you have a LIBNAME OLEdb or ODBC > > connection from SAS to MS SQL Server. Are you trying to upload data > > into a SQL Server relation from a SAS dataset, or from a data file > > using a bulk load program? Use the SAS SQL UPDATE statement to update > > a table, or the SAS SQL ALTER statement to change table properties. S > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: owner-sa...@listserv.uga.edu > > [mailto:owner-sa...@listserv.uga.edu] > > > On Behalf Of ragh...@gmail.com > > Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 9:49 PM > > To: sa...@uga.edu > > Cc: regh...@gmail.com > > Subject: SAS to Sql server conection > > > I have connected Sql server 2005 and SAS using Libname, connection is > > successful > Thanks sigurd