Date:         Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:03:32 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Marc L. Steinberg" <mlsphd@gmail.com>
Subject:      How to run an ICC in SPSS 15.0

I apologize if this is too broad a question, but I need to run an ICC to check on inter-rater reliability between three coders rating multiple constructs (listening to therapy tapes).

I set up the dataset so each coder is a nominal variable. Some constructs are given a rating of 1 (low) to 5 (high). Some constructs are pure behavioral counts (e.g. how many times did the therapist do behavior X).

When I run the ICC, I'm just entering two variables at a time: coder and the variable of interest. Is this correct?

Any thoughts? thanks! marc