Date:         Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:07:16 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: Exporting output to a file using a syntax command
Comments: To: Jarrod Teo <jarrod.teo@spss.com.sg>

Besides the Python approach, there are SaxBasic ways of exporting to Excel. There is a downloadable script, Excel Export, on SPSS Developer Central (www.spss.com/devcentral) that does this. That script does put up a dialog box, but the underlying automation method can be used syntactically.

But, in SPSS 14 and 15, if you have installed the Python plugin and the win32com module, exporting all your visible tables to an Excel file is as simple as this. Just change the file location to what you want (note the use of forward slashes in the filespec).

begin program. import spss, viewer app = viewer.spssapp() app.ExportDesignatedOutput(filespec='c:/temp/myoutput.xls',format='Excel') end program.

HTH, Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jarrod Teo Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:40 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] Exporting output to a file using a syntax command

Hi anyone out there,

Currently I want to export a table from my output into an excel file.

I need a syntax command to do this; can someone help me on this?

Much thanks.

Cheers

Jarrod