Date:         Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:13:53 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Ristow <wrristow@mindspring.com>
Subject:      Re: Splitting a file into several subfiles
Comments: To: Melissa Ives <mives@chestnut.org>
Comments: cc: Vicent Giner Bosch <vigibos@eio.upv.es>

At 10:11 AM 1/14/2008, Melissa Ives wrote:

>Here is some syntax we use to save files. >Note that when this syntax was created at least (maybe still), you could >not use more than xsave loops in a single do if, so then you just >continue with the rest of the values.

Do you mean, the limit that you can't have more than 10 XSAVE statements in a single transformation program? If so, yes, that limit still holds. And you have to do what Melissa's code (I'm not quoting it) does: write 10 of the output files; close the transformation program with an EXECUTE; and write 10 more in the next transformation program.