Date:         Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:39:33 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Steve Runfeldt <steve@schwartzresearch.com>
Subject:      Disappearing Files - Has this happened to you?

I have had an odd problem intermittently over the past few months. Several times I have had SPSS sav files disappear from my system. I will be working on a project using one SAV file over the course of a couple of weeks. Periodically I have created new variables or made changes to the file. Each day when I shut down, SPSS asks me if I want to save the current file. If I have made changes I click on OK. This is usually just before I shut down SPSS and my PC for the day. Then when I start up the next morning SPSS cannot find that file, and neither can I.

SPSS TS tried to help me with this yesterday and neither of us could find any trace of the file. Had I simply deleted it, it would have been in the Recycle Bin, but it was not.

Has anyone out there had a similar problem? I am using V16.01 on a PC using XP Pro.

Thanks,

Steve