Date:         Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:34:11 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Megan Malloy <malloymm@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Post Hoc Interactions

I have a study with 2 groups (Group 1 (N=12) and Group 2 (N=10)), all of whom took 4 different tests of memory (Test 1= Visual Recall; Test 2= Visual Recognition; Test 3= Verbal Recall; Test 4= Verbal Recognition). Using SPSS, I ran a repeated-measures ANOVA, Within factor TEST (4 levels) and Between factor GROUP (2 levels), and the overall result was significant.

However,

I am interested in answering whether the difference between Group 1 and Group 2 on recall is significantly greater than the difference between Group 1 and Group 2 on recognition - ?

Also, I am interested in whether the difference between Group 1 and Group 2 on visual is significantly greater than the difference between Group 1 and Group 2 on verbal - ?

What is a valid way to look at these interactions? How do I do post hoc testing to get at the answers to these two questions?

Thanks!