Date:         Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:03:35 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Anton <antonstatistics@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Restructuring a fuzzy matched data set

Sorry for the confusion. My explanation of what I have and what I need probably wasn't clearly articulated.

I have the following SPSS data set with two columns: Match# and ID. What Match# 1 this tells me in the following data set is that ID 27 and ID 42 are linked or are matched. Match# 2 tells me that ID 27 and ID 53 are linked. Match# 4 tells me that ID 42 and ID 53 are linked, and so on. So, logically, I know that Ids 27, 42 & 53 are linked to each other, as are 18 and 99.

Match# ID 1 27 1 42 2 27 2 53 3 18 3 99 4 42 4 53

I need a data set that takes the all of the IDs that are linked or matched and put them on the same row:

VAR1 VAR2 VAR3 27 42 53 18 99

BTW: I don't have/use python.

Thanks again for any guidance.

Anton