Date:         Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:52:46 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Walter Funk <walter.funk@IFB.UNI-ERLANGEN.DE>
Subject:      (Small) Time series: How to check if the values are significantly
              different?

Dear SPSS-fellows,

this seems to be a statistical and a SPSS-question:

I have aggregated data for 12 consecutive months. Some variables are normally distributed on the aggregated level, others are not. I want to know for each variable separately if the 12 values do differ significantly from each other or not.

If I had a cross section, I knew what to do. But since I am not familiar with time series data my question is: Which SPSS procedure do I have to use for a little time series like this to test for differences?

Thanks for your help Walter