Date:         Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:47:16 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ribeiro <marcioestat@POP.COM.BR>
Subject:      Break String Variable

Hi all,

I've searched at the files a clue that break a string variable at others but I didn't find. I have a variable as X 1,2 1 2,3 1,3 And I want to split in 3 variables in order to calcule the multiple response. As I have a string variable I tried the INDEX command, but it didn't come with the right results. compute X_1 = index(X,'1'). compute X_2 = index(X,'2'). compute X_3 = index(X,'3'). exe. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help. Thanks, Ribeiro