Date:         Sun, 20 Jan 2008 07:53:41 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         SR Millis <srmillis@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Re: Rasch Analysis
Comments: To: John Amora <bayesian2001@yahoo.com>

John,

Alternatively, I'd strongly recommend the Winsteps software which focuses exclusively on Rasch analysis. Extensively detailed output and excellent technical support. You can download (for free) the student version (Ministep):

http://winsteps.com/ministep.htm

Scott Millis

--- John Amora <bayesian2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone, > > Rasch Analysis is one of the approaches of Item > Response Theory which is used to estimate the > probability of a correct response to a given item as > a > function of item difficulty and person ability, > where > item difficulty and person ability are parameters. > Please describe in detail how SPSS can perform this > analysis. > > Thank you! > Johnny Amora

Scott R Millis, PhD, MEd, ABPP (CN,CL,RP), CStat Professor & Director of Research Dept of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Wayne State University School of Medicine 261 Mack Blvd Detroit, MI 48201 Email: smillis@med.wayne.edu Tel: 313-993-8085 Fax: 313-966-7682