Date:         Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:38:23 EST
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "<Omar Malik>" <Ormalik@aol.com>
Subject:      Question about Regression Factor Scores

Is there a paper on why one should use regression factor scores to form composites rather than say use a sum of the variable scores or an average? I was told that regression factor scores are a superior way to form composites because they represent the weight of each variable in the final composite score, this makes sense to me but is there something I can cite to support this choice? Thanks in advance.

Omar

Omar Malik School of Business Administration Philadelphia University

**************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489