Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:09:08 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: Values out of Range
Comments: To: Juan Pablo Sandoval <jpsandoval4275@gmail.com>

This is the kind of thing that the Data Validation option does, but that was introduced, I think, in SPSS 14. You can write a lot of IF statements and then summarize them otherwise.

Regards, Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Juan Pablo Sandoval Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 10:01 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] Values out of Range

Hi Listers:

I have SPSS V13 and I have a large Database 6k records and 2k variables. Is there an efficient way to write syntax to check if every variable is within specified ranges. For example var1 can be sysmis or between 1 and 5, var2 cannot be sysmiss and must be between 1 and 2, etc. I have a list of all variables and their respective posible values.

Does anyone working on a market research company has an idea of how this would work, basically I'm trying to simplify a job that could take me a lot of time.

Regards,