Date:         Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:04:11 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         jimjohn <azam.khan@UTORONTO.CA>
Subject:      Regression Output

can someone plz help me with this:

I just conducted a simple linear regression and my output looks like this: R^2 = .004, R^2adj = .004

Under ANOVA, the F* = 91.462, SIG = 0.000

Under Coefficients beside my independent variable, it gives me: Unstandardized = 0.112 , StdError = 0.012, T* = 9.564 , Sig = 0.000

I don't understand how can the tests be significant if the R^2 is so low? Since my test results are significant, that means I can conclude there is a relationship between the two variables right? Can someone please explain. thanks. -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Regression-Output-tp15094660p15094660.html Sent from the SPSSX Discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.