Date:         Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:29:26 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Marta García-Granero <mgarciagranero@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: calculating correlations between FILES

> Serra > > As far as I know there is no way to do this apart from merging the two files; I willing to be corrected by others but from 30+ years experience of using SPSS all the analysis is done on a single 'active' file and the only time SPSS will see two file is during the merge process. I suggest you do the merge. >

I agree, you must merge the files. I hope you have a common variable in both files (a way of identifying pairs of cases).

Happy New Year Marta > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Serra Koyuncu GMX > Sent: 01 January 2008 10:02 > To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: calculating correlations between FILES > > Hi members, > > First of all, I wish you a wonderful new year with health, happiness and > success! > > With my limited knowledge of SPSS I came across my first problem of the year > :o( > I've got two files of test results (before-after measurement): Test1 and > test3 > Most of the participants of the test did both tests, some of them only 1 and > some of them only 3. > I want to see whether there is a significant improvement of the participants > who do both tests. However, these are in separate files (1 and 3). My boss > said I should not merge them but find a way to make correlations over the > files. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? > > Thank you very much in advance. > > Best regards, > Serra > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD > >