Date:         Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:05:26 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Amora <bayesian2001@yahoo.com>
Subject:      reliability analysis

Dear all,

I am conducting reliability analysis (part only of the entire analysis) of a newly developed instrument with 50-items, which aims to measure the teacher performance. The instrument was administered to a total of 300 students to rate the teaching performance of their respective teacher. There were 30 teachers rated; thus, on average, there were 100 students who rated for each teacher.

I need your expert opinion because I dont know which one is correct:

(1) Do I analyze the 300 sample to conduct the reliability analysis?

Or

(2) Do I analyze the aggregate data-teacher level? That is, for each item I compute first the mean ratings of the students within each teacher, then use the 30 teachers as sample for analysis?

Thank you.

Johnny

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ