Date:         Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:19:53 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         SR Millis <srmillis@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Re: CALCULATION FOR SAMPLE SIZE
Comments: To: SoS Statistical Services <sos_stats@yahoo.co.uk>

Post hoc power analysis is not recommended. See:

Hoenig, J. M., & Heisey, D. M. (2001). The abuse of power: The pervasive fallacy of power calculations for data analysis The American Statistician, 55(1), 19-24.

SR Millis

--- SoS Statistical Services <sos_stats@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I find Minitab easier to use than GPower for sample > size/power calculations. Sara, how do you do > post-hoc power analysis using SPSS? > > Thanks >

Scott R Millis, PhD, MEd, ABPP (CN,CL,RP), CStat Professor & Director of Research Dept of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Wayne State University School of Medicine 261 Mack Blvd Detroit, MI 48201 Email: smillis@med.wayne.edu Tel: 313-993-8085 Fax: 313-966-7682