Date:         Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:36:21 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Whanger, J. Mr. CTR" <James.Whanger@med.navy.mil>
Subject:      Re: cant find my variable in select cases
Comments: To: jimjohn <azam.khan@UTORONTO.CA>

If you used syntax, you will need to be sure you included an EXECUTE command or the variables will not show in the data set. However, if you computed the new variables using the GUI, then you will need to save the new data set before the items will show.

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of jimjohn Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 4:12 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: cant find my variable in select cases

sorry guys i just have a stupid question. i just used transform -> create new variable and I created a couple of new variables. now i want to filter records based on the values of these variables. (for example, I only want to choose ones with a positive value). But, when I click on Select Cases, and then I go to the if condition, all the other variables I can see but for some reason, these last two variables I created don't appear there. any ideas how I can filter my data based on values of these nwe variables? thanks. -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/cant-find-my-variable-in-select-cases-tp15145553p1 5145553.html Sent from the SPSSX Discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com.