Date:         Wed, 30 Jan 2008 06:57:16 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         jimjohn <azam.khan@utoronto.ca>
Subject:      Errror message

can someone plz help me with this:

i just opened my spss dataset this morning and i tried to sort by variables (this is a normal thing that i usually do to further analyze my data). but everytime i try to sort i get the following error:

Error #1400 Command name: SORT CASES BY Input Error when reading a case This command not executed

Any changes made to the working file since 29-JAN-2008 18:10:39 have been lost.

does anyone have an idea why this is happening? does it have something to do with what i was doing yesterday? all i was doing was creating new variables by transform -> compute variable. then i was using split file and aggregate. thanks.