Date:         Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:26:18 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Cheryl Scott <clscott@tmcc.edu>
Subject:      error message

Dear list: Yesterday I installed SPSS 16. In the past, I have always been able to open a .sav file located anywhere (my local hard drive or a shared network drive) by double-clicking it directly (without going through File Open Data). With SPSS 16, when I try to open a .sav file by clicking on it (with or without SPSS running in the background), I get the following error message which seems to be coming from Windows, not SPSS: "Windows cannot find 'S:\Reporting\IR Recurring\Demographics of New Students\CD053p 09-16-05.sav'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." However then the file opens immediately (without any further keystrokes from me) so the error message is little more than an annoyance. But I'd like to know why it is doing this, and stop it if possible. Any insights would be appreciated. Cheryl Cheryl Scott IR Data Manager Office of Institutional Research Truckee Meadows Community College clscott@tmcc.edu (775)673-8239 (w)