Date:         Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:01:52 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Art Kendall <Arthur.Kendall@verizon.net>
Subject:      Re: can SD be greater than AM?
Comments: To: Pushpender Nath <pushpendernath@gmail.com>

An AM can be a negative number. An SD cannot.

There is example syntax below the sig block.

and again using this data

10 10 10 30 1 10000

Art Kendall Social Research Consultants

data list list/ wgt (f3) score(f5). begin data 10 -10 10 10 1 1 end data. weight by wgt. descriptives score / statistics= all.

Pushpender Nath wrote: > Ladies and Gentlemen > Good Day! > I have a question in my mind. I want to know "Whether Standard Deviation can > be greater than Arithmatic Mean?" > I asked this to many fellows. Some say yes , some say no. The fellows who > say yes, could never give me any example. > I suppose, SD can never be greater than AM. Am I right? If not then please > give me some data example. > > -- > Regards > > Pushpender Nath > +91 9904948425 > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD > > >