Date:         Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:13:37 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Felita Bennett <felita.bennett@MWSU.EDU>
Subject:      Copying variables and variable properties between files

In SPSS Version 15.0, I was able to manually copy variables and variable properties from one file to another and would like to do so in Version 16.0 also. In Version 15.0, manual copying was accomplished by highlighting the variables & properties in one file, copying (CTRL + C) then switching to the other file, highlighting the variables and properties, and then pasting (CTRL + V).

In SPSS Version 16.0, the computer simply locks up. I have searched the listserve archives and did not see any information addressing this issue.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Felita