Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 4 Jan 2008 07:28:13 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   naborsm@MH.STATE.OH.US
Subject:   Export SAS File to Excel by DDE
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Could someone help me, I was trying to export a SAS data set into excel by using DDE. I had two problems: The export termanented when it incounter blank cell (i.e., returns); Another problem occurred when spaces appeared in my variable (i.e., Name), it would created multiple cell in excel. My SAS data set look like the following: city state returns type name Toledo Ohio Y F FName Lname Cleveland Ohio T Smithson U Sandusky Ohio Y T Fname Lname2 North Canton Ohio Y T Fname Lname3 Below is my sas code: filename xfile DDE "excel|data!r2c1:r2000c5" ; DATA _null_; file xfile; set Filefnl; put city state returns type name; RUN; Thanks