Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:10:24 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         RolandRB <rolandberry@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: %unistats (and %unipvals) updated for adjustment for centre
              effects
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Jan 6, 1:41 pm, RolandRB <rolandbe...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have updated my %unistats macro (which calls the %unipvals macro) so > that you can adjust for centre effects for the PROC GLM call. Only one > centre variable can be specified and the model statement will be > generated either in this form for the default modelform=short > parameter setting: > > model response=trtcd centre /ss1 ss2 ss3 ss4; > > or for modelform=long as: > > model response=trtcd centre centre*trtcd /ss1 ss2 ss3 ss4; > > By setting dsmodelanova= you can save the ModelANOVA dataset and so > post-process the p-values. You can change errortype=3 to another value > if you need to for selecting on p-values. > > New versions can be browsed on the "updates" page or downloaded from > the download page. > > http://www.datasavantconsulting.com/roland/

If people wonder why I have updated the macros for adjustment for centre effects then it is because of the ICH guidelines. See ICH E3 11.4.2.4 and ICH E9 3.2

But then I am sure everybody follows these guidelines with respect to multicentre trials and they do all the recommended analysis. And I guess everybody's standard software for analysing clinical trials can handle this. The answer is, naturally, "of course!". Have a Happy 2008, everyone!

ICH E3: http://www.emea.europa.eu/pdfs/human/ich/013795en.pdf ICH E9: http://www.emea.europa.eu/pdfs/human/ich/036396en.pdf