Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:03:29 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jake Bee <johbee@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Proc Import
Comments: To: Nishant Dholakia <nishant.dholakia@gmail.com>

Just a guess, but you may have mixed types in the same column and may need mixed = yes or change the spreadsheet.

Example call:

PROC IMPORT OUT= test_import DATAFILE= "&driver./derived/BRIEF/Spreadsheets/TableB.xls" DBMS=EXCEL2000 REPLACE; SHEET='SHEET1'; GETNAMES=NO; MIXED=YES; RUN;

On 1/3/08, Nishant Dholakia <nishant.dholakia@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hello All, > I am trying to use proc import to create a sas dataset from an excel > sheet. The import takes place and the dataset is created however for one > of the columns with values like > > 0.01% > 1 APP. > 1 APPLICATION > 1 DROP > 20 MG > etc > > All values get transferred to the sas dataset except for 0.01% or .10% > > I have no idea why this is happening. Has anyone been through something > similar so that you can enlighten me. > > Thanks and Happy new year to all the SAS-L users. >