Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:13:31 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: Computer Animation Software
Comments: To: Ken Barz <Ken.Barz@CPCMED.ORG>

Silverlight is much, much more than just Flash. If the goal is a web-based animation, Silverlight should fill the bill but it can also be used to create a lot more. Silverlight 2.0 won't be available until March so keep that in mind. 2.0 is where the action is, BTW.

Alan

Alan Churchill Savian www.savian.net

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ken Barz Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 1:45 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: OT: Computer Animation Software

For the computer/web medium, I've dinked around with Adobe Flash a fair bit. It not only allows you to animate, but with some programming, that animation can also be interactive.

Apparently, Microsoft's answer to Flash is called Silverlight. I haven't played with that yet.

Cheers, Ken

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Michael Raithel Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 1:16 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: OT: Computer Animation Software

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Since this is a slow posting day, and kind of like a Friday, I thought that I would throw this one out at the collective experience and knowledge of the 'L. It is off topic, so please delete this message if you do not want to waste your time on non-SAS-related tripe.

Offline, a civilian (a person who does not do any SAS programming) asked me if I knew of any off-the-shelf computer software that can be used to create animations--as in cartoons.

Though my own life is often akin to a cartoon, I do not have any ideas in that department. However, this civilian is a friend, and I would like to help him out. So, if you are aware of an animation/cartooning software package, I would sure like to hear about it.

Best of luck to all of you in your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com