Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:21:37 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Xuhong <zhuxuhong2000@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Please help with my coding problem!
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Dear folks,

Please help me resolve the coding problems as showed below. (I simplify my coding problems into a example as showed below. The problem here is the final results only show the default 8 digits. I also couldn't use "input" since the dataset I am using is already in SAS format and the dataset has more than 100 character variables and thousands of observations. So, please help me to resolve the variable length problem at the array part! Thanks very much!

proc format; value $name "A"="assistant professor" "B"="associate professor" "C"="stuff"; run;

data test; input first $ second $ third $; datalines; A B C B B A C A B ;

data try (drop=i); set test; array a(*) _character_; do i = 1 to dim(a); a[i]=put(a[i], $name.); end; run;