Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:03:51 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Audimar P. Bangi" <audi@SAS2THEMAX.COM>
Subject:      Re: excel to SAS

A newer trick involves saving the Excel file as an XML spreadsheet, as described by Vince DelGobbo of the SAS Institute. This trick has been significantly simplified (in fact, automated) using my free Excel-to-SAS via XML Wizard. Using the Wizard is extremely easy, and doesn't require writing any line of SAS code. It should be within the comfort zone of everyone.

The above trick works even for XML spreadsheets that are stored on a remote server.

I'm contemplating on marketing this "free" version as "Notebook Light", in addition to a Professional version. Once this idea is implemented (sometime next month), there will be no more free version.

Regards, Audi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter" <crawfordsoftware@GMAIL.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:33 AM Subject: Re: excel to SAS > > Nat > > try SAS/Access to ODBC to see the old way to read excel workbook > data. > I'm sure you would find it within the "comfort zone". > Even before SAS9, the ODBC libname engine would treat the sheets and > range names in an excel workbook like sas datasets in a "bound > library". > SAS/Access to OLEdb seems like a more modern and more effective > version of SAS/Access to ODBC. > Of course the caveat with these SAS/Access libname engines and excel > data, is that the quality of the "tables" seen by SAS very much > depends on the quality of the data they contain (consider mixed type > data). > The advantage comes with the number of libname and SAS dataset engine > options, (which greatly exceed what PROC IMPORT provides). > > Good Luck > PeterC > > PeterC