Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:44:30 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         aaron_dubauskas@YAHOO.COM
Subject:      using SAS to modify excel worksheet?
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi all,

I am working on a project where I need to look through a column of account #'s in a file realdata.xls. If an account # that is part of a list of several hundred is found within that column, I would like to write comments specific to an account # in the same row of an adjacent column.

Example of Excel spreadsheet

Column A Column J 9694584 hold on account 4095843 account being charged 3945850

I would obviously have to pre-enter all the comments for each specific account in any code I write, I am just not sure of the basic code to do this, or if it is even possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron