Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:44:43 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Rodrigo Briceño <rbriceno@sanigest.com>
Subject:   what could be wrong?

Dear SPSS listers. I'm running a syntax to get a new variable with mixed conditional requisites: compute new=0. if Age<=14 & icd3<="A09" new=1. execute.

Age is a numeric variable and icd3 is a string variable. When I manually tried to compare results (filtering) I noticed that my syntax included the missing values (defined as blanks). How can I avoid this, since I need to build a longer set of conditionals?

Thanks. --

*Rodrigo Briceño* Project Manager Sanigest Internacional

+506 22-91-12-00 ext. 113 * Oficina* *Costa Rica* +506 22-32-08-30 *Fax *+506 88-86-11-77* Celular** *rbriceno@sanigest.com <mailto:mail@sanigest.com> www.sanigest.com <http://www.sanigest.com/>

MSN: jbric98@hotmail.com <mailto:jbric98@hotmail.com> SKYPE: rbriceno1087

This communication contains legal information which is privileged and confidential. It is for the exclusive use of the address and distribution, dissemination, copying or use by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication by error, please delete the original message and e-mail us.

Esta comunicación contiene información legal privilegiada y confidencial para el uso exclusivo del destinatario. La distribución, diseminación, copia u otro uso por terceras personas es estrictamente prohibida. Si usted ha recibido esta comunicación por error, le rogamos borrar el mensaje original y comunicárnoslo a esta misma dirección.