Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:02:04 +0000
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Marion Nolan <marion242@live.co.uk>
Subject:   Problem saving data in SPSS14

Hi Can you help? I need to amend some data entries. I am making the changes in accordance with the instructions given in the SPSS help for modifying data values. What I am finding is that when I press save, close the file and open it again the changes are fine however when I close the file then open it again the data is reverting to the original. For instance; ID number 06 variable name altered to has reverted to modetrans 4 1 timetravel 2 10 timeweek 3 6 lengthten 3 8 I've tried deleting the whole row and inserting new cases but it is still reverting to the original. I can verify that this is happening for a cluster of 6 data entries but haven't been able to establish the extent of the data saving problems. Has you had this problem? How have you fixed it? Thank you Marion Marion _________________________________________________________________ Get Hotmail on your mobile, text MSN to 63463! http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx