Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 27 Mar 2008 17:55:25 +0530
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Manmit Shrimali <MShrimali@marketrx.com>
Subject:   Re: LCA and Cluster analysis in SPSS
Comments:   To: Christian Deindl <deindl@soziologie.uzh.ch>

Ajay:

As far as I know it is not possible in SPSS. For e.g. the cluster analysis in spss runs on distance while LCA is probabilistic approach. The process to create entire alogirth in spss may be worth as it will take significantly higher efforts than purchasing LCA capable software.

MS -----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Christian Deindl Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:57 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: LCA and Cluster analysis in SPSS

dear ajay,

as far as I know it is not possible to do LCA in SPSS. But there are some good alternatives. You can do LCA in SAS using PROC LCA (http://methcenter.psu.edu/), LEM(http://www.uvt.nl/faculteiten/fsw/organisatie/departementen/mto/software2.html) and GLLAMM in Stata.

LEM and PROC LCA are easy to handle, while GLLAMM is a little bit complicated for LCA.

ajay atluri schrieb: > Hi All, > > > I am struggling to do LCA in SPSS. > > I would like to know is it possible to run Latent Class Analysis in SPSS > 16.0 or any other versions of it. or any other add-ons like AMOS 16.0? > > If the answer is yes, please let me know how to do that. > > Thanks in advance > Ajay Atluri > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD >

-- __________________ Christian Deindl Universität Zürich Soziologisches Institut Andreasstr. 15 CH - 8050 Zürich Tel: 0041/(0)44/635 23 46

http://www.suz.unizh.ch/ages