Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:39:26 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Whittier, Sarah" <swhittier@ISO-NE.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS/Access OLEDB & Office 2007
Comments: To: Chang Chung <chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM>

Thank you. What I've found is that when I create a new database in MS Access 2007, code such as Chang's example below works fine. With existing databases that we upgraded from MS Access 2003 to 2007, we get errors related to unable to initialize, missing workgroup info, etc. So it appears to be something specific to the existing databases, and we're working on figuring it out.

Thanks to all who responded.

Sarah

-----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:18 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Whittier, Sarah Subject: Re: SAS/Access OLEDB & Office 2007

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:43:25 -0400, Sarah Whittier <swhittier@ISO-NE.COM> wrote:

>Hello, > >Does anyone have a working example of using SAS/Access OLEDB to read a MS >Access 2007 database? ... hi, sarah, the following worked on my win vista. sas 9.1.3 sp4 and office 2007. hth. the database1.accdb file had a table called class. cheers, chang

libname e oledb provider="Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" properties=('Data Source'='d:\Database1.accdb') preserve_tab_names=yes ; %put &sysdbmsg; /* any message returned? */

proc print data=e.class; run;

libname e clear;