Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:56:19 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Richard A. DeVenezia" <rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET>
Subject:      Re: gplot overlay skipmiss
Comments: To: pisus.gsus@googlemail.com

pisus.gsus@googlemail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a problem using the skipmiss option together with the overlay > option in proc gplot. > I want to plot many data-series in one plot, thatīs why I use the > overlay option. > All of the data rows have many missing values, and sas is connecting > them with a straight line, thatīs why I use the skipmiss option. But > once skipmiss is in use either nothing is displayed in my diagramm or > only one data-row is displayed until the first missing value. All > other data are not ploted then. > > proc gplot data =xyz; > plot ( a b c d e f g ) * x > /overlay skipmiss > vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis2 > legend=legend1; > run;quit; > > I also tried the symbol option interpol=none, but there are aswell no > data ploted. > > goptions reset=all; > symbol1 i=j co=blue interpol=none;

Perhaps the data has so many missing values that no segment can be plotted. This sample shows that skipmiss does work, and only contiguous valued points in a series are connected.

------------------------ data xyz; do x = 1 to 30; array v a b c d e f g; do _n_ = 1 to dim(v); v (_n_) = _n_ * 2 + sin((x+_n_)/5); if ranuni(123) < 0.3 then v (_n_) = .; end; output; end; run;

ods listing;

goption reset=all goutmode=replace ftext='Arial';

legend1 label=('Legend One') ;

symbol1 v=dot i=join;

title 'skip missing'; proc gplot data =xyz; plot ( a b c d e f g ) * x / overlay skipmiss legend=legend1 ; run; quit;

goptions goutmode=append ;

title 'no skip missing'; proc gplot data =xyz; plot ( a b c d e f g ) * x / overlay legend=legend1 ; run; quit; ------------------------

Richard A. DeVenezia