Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:33:57 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         b.sarang@GMAIL.COM
Subject:      finding a variable in a dataset that has exactly/almost the same
              name that i ask for?
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi, the situation is : I have a dataset directory with 3 datasets A,B and C. In these datasets there are variables (numeric or char) named abc , pqr and xyz . Now, I know I am going to use these variables(or variables having familiar content) for some analysis every time, so without doing Proc Contents and manually finding the actual names of the variables, I wanted to know if there is some procedure which will point to the matching variable name I want? Can anyone help me? Thanks!