Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:35:22 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Pardee, Roy" <pardee.r@GHC.ORG>
Subject:      Re: SAS data to Access

I don't think you can--at least, not in a straightforward way. Access doesn't really have the concept of custom formats. You do formatting via lookup tables and/or custom VBA functions I think (assuming the built-in formats don't suit you that is).

I suppose you can try outputting a ctrlout dset from PROC FORMAT and then send that over to msaccess. But you'll have to figure out how to query the display values out of that table for the unformatted versions of the fields, and that's likely to be more trouble than it's worth. Alternatively, you can run your SAS vars through appropriate put() statements and bring already-formatted text versions of the values over to msaccess, but that's a change to the underlying data.

If you can give us some background on what's motivating your request, we may be able to make useful suggestions.

Cheers,

-Roy

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Pareen Patel Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:19 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: SAS data to Access

Hi, i am using below code to export my sas data set into Access. When i do this. I am loosing all my user define formats. How can i bring my user define formats to output in access.

Thanks Pareen

proc export data=final outtable="Honors" dbms=access replace; database="C:\Documents and Settings\ppate5\Desktop\honors.mdb"; run;