Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:57:17 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Carol Bristow <Carol.Bristow@DPRA.COM>
Subject:   Re: new computer and now I can't connect to access database
Comments:   To: sparks <sparks@COMCAST.NET>

But did they port over your ODBC settings? Sounds like they didn't, and I must confess that I never remember to do that when moving to a new computer either.

I don't recall if it's something you can do yourself if you don't have admin rights on your computer. If you do have rights, you need to go to the control panel and look for Administrative Tools. Under Admin Tools is Data Sources (ODBC). Using that, create new DSNs for any data sources that you need to connect to. The type of DSN (user, system or file) depends on who needs to be able to use them - descriptions are shown at the bottom of the tabs.

Carol Bristow DPRA Inc. 1655 N. Ft Myer Dr Ste 925 Arlington, VA 22209 phone: 703-682-2612 fax: 703-528-3100

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of sparks Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:14 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: new computer and now I can't connect to access database

They finally gave me a new computer. Installed everything including sas 9.1 with the 9.1.3 patch

now programs that were running fine give a connection error when I try to connect to anything...I am ASSUMING its odbc. Our tech support (hahaha) hasn't got a clue.

We have 10 older installs and have never seen this before. All system have XP pro, office 2003 and sas installed.

any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it are greatly appreciated.