Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:58:36 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Agnew <agnew@VCU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: problem with large sas data sets
Comments: To: sas_9264 <Shiping9264@GMAIL.COM>

hhmm.. are you crossing operating systems, like a windows or vms inbetween unix hosts? is there FTP involved anywhere and it's sending binary as ascii? is the network link bad?

sas_9264 wrote: > Hi, sometimes I have a problem to use unix command to copy, mv or soft > link large sas data set(over 4-5 GB). After I do that, I cann't open > that data anymore . Sas complain that ERROR: The open failed because > library member TEMP.XXXXXX_XX041608.DATA is damaged.Does anyone has > similar experience? > > Thanks, > > Shiping >

--

"Games? Solitaire? I have a 2-node VAXcluster, 3 Windows 2000 servers, 2 Windows 2003 servers, 1 MySQL Database Server, 1 Postgres Database Server, 1 Linux server, several Ubuntus and a direct satellite feed to my windows desktop background, who needs toys???" - Jim