Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:00:22 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         wcw2 <wcw2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Subtracting Values in a Single Column

Subtracting Values in a Single Column

Hello fun-seekers...I want to *groan* subtract the AUC values of DRUG B - DRUG A and DRUG C - DRUG A and so on (for x # of drugs) BY PATIENT, to produce the output on the right (B-A and C-A), in order to do a signed rank test on the differences. I was thinking about sorting by patient, then drug, and then using the DIF function. Would this work? Or, if there’s an easier way (other than rearranging the whole dataset), I’d so much appreciate any help......many thanks!

Patient Drug AUC B-A C-A 1 A 10 30 90 2 A 20 40 100 3 A 30 50 80 1 B 40 2 B 60 -> -> 3 B 80 1 C 100 2 C 120 3 C 150