Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:34:40 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: SAS Log and Interactive mode

> From: joeyfoley > On Apr 29, 8:18 am, joeyfoley <joey.fo...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > I have some SAS log questions. > > I have people using SAS in interactive mode in a Windows desktop > > environment. > > > > I would like to keep a copy of their logs available to > > them, and also keep a copy for auditing purposes. > > > > Is there a way to do this, so that they get a log and I get an audit > > log? > > > > Thanks. > > UPDATE 1: > > Okay, I found the Altlog setting for the SAS config file. > > Is there a simple way to add a time stamp? I'll keep looking.

hex16 is the shortest; if you want a natural, i.e. readable date-time stamp, consider datetime22.2 but you will have to convert the special characters

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Option_AltLog

http://tinyurl.com/6j79bs for:

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Using_sysfunc_with_file_functions_to_ov erwrite_altlog

note that this trick is allocating the value of the -next- altlog

OT: The LogParse suite has a routine which writes a header record to the log which contains the actual JobTime-Start

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/219-30.pdf

here is the sas url for fullstimer which contains the logparse macro and PassInfo macro which writes a log header

http://tinyurl.com/6rfmoz for:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/scalability/tools/fullstim/fullstim.html .

2. In the first paragraph of text (in the middle column), click on download this ZIP file to download the logparse.zip ZIP file to your desktop.

3. Expand the logparse.zip ZIP file to extract its contents. That will create a folder containing three SAS Macro programs and a readme.txt file.

see also:

http://tinyurl.com/6sxuhv for

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Saving_sas_logs

Eventually you will arrive at %including a program in either of: * autoexec * initstmt to overwrite the altlog value

you get one log per (batch) job, or user session

Ron Fehd the altlog or macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov