Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 May 2008 08:45:25 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Siva Rao <gssrao_1941@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: updating a sas dataset by multiple jobs

I went thru a white paper (not sure), Paper 195-25 Multiple Users to Update the Same Data Set in the Windows Environment. But,I am not very sure on how to use SAS/SAHRE libname assignment. So, I am trying to implement example 3 (macro code without using SAS/SHARE) given in this paper. But, I like to add another check to see if the dataset is avilable for writing. Is there a way to check this?

Also, I looked into CNTLLEV= option (dataset option). SAS Documentation is saying that: " By default, SAS procedures permit the greatest degree of concurrent access possible while they guarantee the integrity of the data and the data analysis. Therefore, you do not normally use the CNTLLEV= data set option. "

Please suggest me...