Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 May 2008 13:15:08 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <gerhard.hellriegel@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: Seperating Events

I have no solution, but a way how that could be managed: but a question: the event1, event2, ... - do they contain strings all with the length 6 (=6 products). You wrote it, but to be sure... In that case you might do something like:

define a array array e(*) event1-eventxxx;

2. a loop through all events: do i=1 to dim(e);

3. in that loop: split the event-strings in 6 parts with substr

each part represents a product. So substr(e(i),1,1) -> P1, substr(e (i),2,1) -> P2, ... By the contents, assign all the variables you want (you are still at the 1st obs!) and OUTPUT after assigning all what you want.

So for the first obs you have several OUTPUTs

last.: DROP all variables you don't want to see (EVENT1-EVENTxxx, ...)

Don't know if it works, only a idea...

Gerhard