Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 May 2008 11:31:36 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mary <mlhoward@AVALON.NET>
Subject:      Proc Tabulate Question: how to  use the result categories as the
              column header?

I know I've seen this done, was wondering if any of you had any examples of doing this:

Suppose I have several hundred variables, and I want to produce in Proc tabulate their frequency results. For simplicity, let's say this is a likert scale:

5=Excellent 4=Very Good 3=Good 4=Poor 5=Very Poor

Is there some way I can get the frequencies of the results for each question:

Column header desired : Excellent Very Good Good Poor Very Poor Row 1: Question1 percents 30.0 20.0 20.0 30.0 0.0 Row 2: Question 2 percents 90.0 10.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Row 3: Question 3 percents 95.0 5.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 Row 4: Question 4 percents 0.0 0.0 0.0 5.0 95.0

So there would be as many rows per question down, and in this example the percents across would add to 100% across the row.

Anyone?

-Mary