Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 May 2008 14:01:32 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Scott Barry <sbarry@SBBWORKS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Getting a ZIP file from a remote website in MVS/Z/os
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On May 23, 12:35 pm, kpda...@ILSTU.EDU ("Davis, Kriss P") wrote: > I scanned the SAS archives for a solution to this, but did not find a thread that dealt with this. > > I have the following website address: > > http://www.isbe.net/ > > If you navigate to: > > http://www.isbe.net/research/ > > there is a ZIP file titled "2006-2007 Report Card Data" > > If I click on this, my WINDOWS winzip utility will start up and ask me if I want to open it. > > What I want to do however, is run a MVS/Z/os batch job that executes SAS to retrieve this file and place it on a disk locally. I can then use MVS utilities to unzip it and process it. > > I found the some excellent examples inhttp://www.dc-sug.org/ftp.pdfbut I can't seem to quite get there. > > Here is what I have so far. I have tried several variations. > > filename datadown ftp > 'rc07.zip' > host='www.isbe.net' > cd='research/zip' > user='anonymous' pass='kpdavis@' > debug; > > data S_Am; > infile datadown; > ; > run; > > I get the following messages: > > WARNING: End of file. > ERROR: Invalid file pointer. > ERROR: Invalid file pointer. > ERROR: Invalid file pointer. > > First, I am not sure the FTP method is what I ought to be using. I did try the URL option in the FILENAME, but did not get that far with it either. The DEBUG does not put out any info like it is trying to log on. Do I need a "set of commands" to get the FTP "GET" processing going? > > I think I am just barking up the wrong tree and need a direction to be pointed in. > > Thanks in advance. (I will be out of the office until Tuesday 5/27). > > Kriss Davis > > e-Merge > Merging People, Process, and Technology > Illinois State University > 3470 Administrative Information Systems > Normal, IL 61790-3470 > kpda...@ilstu.edu > (309) 438-3101

Since it's not stated in your post, are you able to FTP GET the file in a native z/OS mainframe batch job, using PGM=FTP?

Scott Barry SBBWorks, Inc.