Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2008, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:07:21 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Gregg Snell <sas-l@DATASAVANTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:   Re: raise an error if libname fails?

Perhaps use the ABORT statement? http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/lrdict.hlp/a000230210.htm#a00 0851856

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Paige Miller Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 6:58 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: raise an error if libname fails?

On Jun 5, 5:02 am, JĊns MÁrtin SchlÁttĊr <KmoEfrUew...@spammotel.com> wrote: > I have a batch job which needs a lot of libnames. > Before processing begins, I want to test if the libname (data set) is > available (on the mainframe). > > Therefore, I'd like to have a macro like this: > > %macro test_alloc(dsname); > libname pd &dsname disp=shr; > %if &syslibrc ne 0 %then ???; > libname pd clear; > %mend; > > But which action should I do in the %then statement to prevent further > processing AND signaling an error? Of course "endsas" is not adequate. > > JMS

%if &syslibrc ne 0 %then %do; /* Signal the error code here */ %end; %else %do; libname pd clear; %end;

-- Paige Miller paige\dot\miller \at\ kodak\dot\com